Saturday 4 January 2014

Nail Bark - Baby Barkies Review

I'm back again :)
Alright, ladies (and gentlemen).

I was fortunate enough to receive a set of blogger polishes from the lovely Stef of Nailbark. Nailbark is a new Aussie indie brand situated in Melbourne. My baby barkies included (from left to right) Gilded, Lady Lilac, Kitchen Sink, Rubik's Cube & New Year's Eve all in adorable 4ml bottles. When I saw the little bottles in the mail I couldn't help but squee! They are all glitter toppers except (lilac). Now, I'm not a huge fan of glitter toppers mainly because I'm waaaayyy too impatient to wait for 4 layers of polish to dry but the Nailbark toppers were super fast drying and that made me happy :)
A purchasing link is at the bottom ! :)
Now, less gushing and more pictures!!



As you can see my camera was having a spaz because there was too much glittery awesomeness.




Here is one coat of (L to R) Rubik's Cube, Gilded, Kitchen Sink and NYE over one coat of Lady Lilac

I love how versatile Lady Lilac is! It changes shade depending what you paint over it and seems to go with everything! :)



First up I have my favourite polish of the five, "Gilded". It's a beautiful golden holo filled glitter topper that is just so pretty and sparkly I didn't take it off for a week. I can say with complete confidence that this polish is extremely durable considering I went swimming and surfing nearly every day. The consistency of this polish was a dream to work with - no gloopiness or glitter sinking - and I could get a lovely look with only 2 coats. What I love about this polish is that its a year-rounder, you can wear it in summer over a pink or yellow for a dazzling sunny glow or in winter with a black or bronze.
Gilded is from Nailbark's "Holy Holo" collection and is now available for purchase in her shop.



Here is "Gilded" over a bronze undie :)



And for my next trick...I have "Kitchen Sink". This quite an accurate representation of my kitchen sink after I've been cooking - well at least trying to - which is usually filled with non stick pans and bits of food and the occasional glass jar. Kitchen Sink is a random jumble of glitters that somehow come together perfectly in an oddly beautiful way. I couldn't even begin to count the glitters in this polish - there must be over 50! Like the previous polishes, it was a treat to work with consistency wise and I only ended up doing 1 coat because it only needed one to look great.
Kitchen Sink is yet to be released in the Nailbark store so I suggest following her on Instagram - @nailbark - so you can see its release date.




Here is 1 coat of "Kitchen Sink" over a teal (my fav colour) undie!




New Year's Eve is the next polish going under the reviewing board. It actually captures this time of the year perfectly with the warm vibrant tones in an array of colours ranging from pale blue to gold. It reminds me of confetti and fireworks and explosions. New Year's Eve is once again another polish made with an awesome consistency albeit a little gritty if I'm being pedantic but nothing a good topcoat can't fix. This is a really versatile polish that can be a winter one with its warm tones but can also be a stunning summer polish with all its holoey goodness. It's a gorgeous sparkle bomb and if your a holo lover this polish is for you!
New Year's Eve was released as a Limited Edition polish and may still ibe nstore depending when your reading this.



2 coats of "New Year's Eve" over a pale blue undie!




Next up, I have Lady Lilac. I absolutely love the shade of the polish, its a delicate off-white that is leaning more towards the purple end of the spectrum. Its got minuscule lilac glitter powder that was really hard to capture and some little white hexs that gave the polish a textured feel. Personally, I found this to be my least favourite out of the polishes I was sent. The consistency of it was a bit gluggy and it made it extremely hard to paint my nails as the polish kept dragging. That said, I am fairly certain that was due to the tiny sample brush and I will be looking to buy a full size bottle in the future. But after all the hard work I'm happy with how the polish looks and I guess that's all that really matters. One more plus for this polish is that it goes opaque completely in 2 coats which makes me happy as I am waaaaayyy too lazy to wait for multiple coats to dry.
Lady Lilac will be released in the future so make sure your following @nailbark. 




2 coats of  "Lady Lilac" by itself




Now, last but certainly not least is Rubik's Cube. A perfect way to describe this polish is all glitter errhhthhang. Would you like some polish with your glitter? This has to be my second favourite of the polishes because not only is it super fast drying, there's so much glitter I only needed to do one coat! Its jammed pack full of little squares and hexes in all the colours of the rainbow. The astounding thing about this polish is that it should be super gritty due to its high glitter content but it isn't at all! One thin coat of topcoat was all I needed to have a smooth finish. Rubik's Cube is a super fun polish perfect for summer when applied over a bright, fruity colour. 
Rubik's Cube is a future release so be sure to keep checking back to the Nailbark store or IG page.



1 coat of "Rubik's Cube" over a lemon yellow undie!



All in all I have to say I'm really happy with Nailbark. There's great customer service, lovely shades and awesome presentation. I will be buying her "Tools of the Trade" collection sometime down the track which included everything a polish queen could ever want from glue base coat to a matte topcoat and cuticle oil!

If you loved these polishes than click here to buy them

Feel free to leave any tips or questions in the comments

xx Sandi



No comments:

Post a Comment