Wednesday 15 January 2014

L & J Themed Manicure - Nail Bark - Lady Lilac

Welcome Citizens of Earth,

If your reading this then I am probably dead by now. I can tell you my cause of death was caused due to extreme circumstances of impatience paired with an overdose of glittery indie goodness.
A lot of my readers are members of the Australian Indie Polish Appreciation Society and you would know that we have a weekly theme for manicures. But for those of you who don't know, the theme of our manicures this week was L&J polishes named after the lovely @lilyandjinks from IG.

I rummaged for ages looking for a bottle of polish with a L or J but I just couldn't find one until I came upon a sample I was sent by Stef of Nailbark. I was ever grateful to have an itty bitty bottle of "Lady Lilac" that I used for my base. I decided  to do an alphabet themed manicure using 4 different mainstreams and 4 different indies done with a half french tip and a Lj for each nail.



The star of the show " Lady Lilac"




Here is the finished look :)




This was the base look, using mainstreams, before I added the glitzy bits.
From left to right I have Ulta3 "Hollywood", a bronze, Sinful Colors "Kissy" and Anne & Florio "No22".




Here is with the indie glitzy bits.
From left to right I goes Gloss n' Sparkle "Mana Ruby", Femme Fatale "Dreambough", Nailbark "Gilded" and Femme Fatale "Coldwraith".


Outlining the letters was one of the most painful things I've ever done for nail art. You may notice that the blue is different in the pics, that's because the blue became lost when I did the black. So after 12 hours I finally managed to finish it, not before I ran out of my favourite JOSS topcoat. But it was worth it :)

If your interested in joining the Australian Indie Polish Appreciation Society (AIPAS) click here or email me for an invite.

That's all polish queens.

xx Sandi




No comments:

Post a Comment